What does that mean?
The way the ridges and troughs are oriented now just does not favor much sustained cold into the central and eastern US for late January and at least the beginning of February. We don’t see this changing a ton after that.
There will still be cold shots and the pattern will still be active, so it’s thoroughly possible to see snowstorms.
Below is a video we made earlier in January that touched on some of the long range thinking at that point. We were pretty confident in getting this current cold shot and it lasting a bit, but unsure for how long. Now are a little more sure.
If you are a snow removal business then we can greatly help out your operation with detailed insight on amounts, timing, impact and much more.
- Pattern Change For Second Half Of Winter - January 27, 2021
- Polar Vortex Impacts To Cause Cold & Snow Soon - January 8, 2021
- Major Christmas Eve Snow Storm - December 22, 2020
- 2020-2021 Snow Contractor Winter Forecast - November 7, 2020
- Winter Forecast 2021; Another Warm One? - November 4, 2020
- Canada, Welcome To The Leading Front In Weather! - August 31, 2020
- Big Warmup Begins, 70s-80s Widespread - May 13, 2020
- Expert Weather Forecasts: The City of Pittsburgh & Neoweather, LLC - April 20, 2020
- Neoweather Is Here For You During COVID-19 - March 16, 2020
- Major Lake Snow - February 28, 2020