Snow is set to return to Ohio overnight tonight and during the morning on Wednesday, before ending by mid afternoon. We could see some decent amounts of snow in spots and even some ice in southern Ohio by the time this system moves out. As we said yesterday it will be a very active weather pattern as we go through the rest of this week.
Let’s get right to the details: Snow starts around 1 AM in Western OH and 4 AM in Eastern OH. It will clear the state by 3 PM Wednesday. Much of Ohio will see snow, with parts of southern Ohio seeing mixed precipitation including snow, freezing rain, sleet, and even plain old rain.
First, let’s take a look at the latest Winter Weather Advisories and Winter Storm Warnings:
Our Latest Snow & Ice Forecasts
Ice accumulations across portions of southern Ohio will be enough to make untreated surfaces slippery, coat trees and power lines, and possibly cause power outages. Parts of southern Ohio, mainly along the river, could see a change to rain for a period of time before a change back to freezing rain or sleet and then snow.
The morning commute is looking quite poor in many locations across Ohio including Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton, Cincinnati and Toledo. Allow for plenty of extra travel time on your way to work and drive with caution as roads will likely be messy. Below is our Morning Commute Impact map. Areas in red will likely see high impacts including snowy or icy roads and very slow travel. Areas in yellow will see slower than normal travel with poor road conditions possible in spots. Areas in green – well, you’re not in the clear, but your commute shouldn’t be terrible. It may take a little longer to get to where you are going but the overall commute will be fairly good.
Much of the snow falls during the morning hours and the commute home should be much better as crews will have time to clear roadways.
Be careful traveling Wednesday morning!
- How Did We Do? Our Forecast versus Reported Snowfall - December 2, 2020
- New for 2020 – Call Alerting System - August 27, 2020
- New for 2020 – Redesigned Forecast Products - August 27, 2020
- New for 2020 – Weather Portal - August 27, 2020
- Independence Day Lunar Eclipse? Not So Fast! - July 4, 2020
- NEW! Client Portal To Access Forecast, Radar, Pay Your Bill & More! - August 18, 2019
- Recurring Billing Option Now Available - August 16, 2019
- New Product Names & Improvements - August 16, 2019
- NEW NEO Total Snowfall Reports Powered by Weather Command! - August 13, 2019
- Welcome To Our Newly Redesigned Website! - June 17, 2019