The overall weather pattern for this week will be active. Multiple low pressure areas (detailed below) will affect the Ohio Valley, Great Lakes, and into the Northeast US during the next several days.
Various winter weather headlines are already in effect across the aforementioned areas. Winter Weather Advisories are in effect for portions of Illinois, Indiana, and Michigan through late tonight. Winter Storm Watches have been issued from Pennsylvania northeast into Maine for a midweek storm which we will go into detail here shortly.
The winter weather advisories for IN IL and MI are in effect due to this relatively fast moving area of snowfall moving across the lower Great Lakes late tonight. Two to four inches of snow is likely. As usual, isolated higher amounts are likely to occur also.
After a brief break from the snowfall tomorrow, another area of low pressure will be spreading a wide area of snow across much of Indiana, Ohio, and adjacent states in the Great Lakes. Another two to four inches is likely before the storm center moves to the east coast.
This area of low pressure will be steadily moving eastward towards the New Jersey coastline by Wednesday afternoon. While New York City, Baltimore, and Philadelphia will stay mainly rain, areas back in interior Pennsylvania and New York is forecast to see a fast moving snowstorm. Snowfall amounts in excess of six inches is a distinct possibility in this corridor. There is another system that will be impacting this areas as next weekend approaches. There will be plenty to track during the next five to seven days. Hop along for the ride.
Jim Martin – Forecaster
- Pattern Change For Second Half Of Winter - January 27, 2021
- Polar Vortex Impacts To Cause Cold & Snow Soon - January 8, 2021
- Major Christmas Eve Snow Storm - December 22, 2020
- 2020-2021 Snow Contractor Winter Forecast - November 7, 2020
- Winter Forecast 2021; Another Warm One? - November 4, 2020
- Canada, Welcome To The Leading Front In Weather! - August 31, 2020
- Big Warmup Begins, 70s-80s Widespread - May 13, 2020
- Expert Weather Forecasts: The City of Pittsburgh & Neoweather, LLC - April 20, 2020
- Neoweather Is Here For You During COVID-19 - March 16, 2020
- Major Lake Snow - February 28, 2020