Are you happy we will get more snow for Christmas? It’s been a few years across much of Ohio that we have not been able to see the grass Christmas Day. This year things change as a low pressure system comes out of the Midwest and strengthens across western PA tossing moderate snow across a good chunk of Ohio.
Much of the state should see at least 1″ of snow. Northern Ohio should see at least a couple of inches. There will be a few areas that could see better moisture and atmospheric lift. This will likely lead to slightly higher snow totals than the rest of the area. Northwest Ohio looks to have an area that could see four or more inches of snow. The primary snow belt in Northeast Ohio will see lake enhancement and some lake effect into the big holiday on Monday. A corridor of 4-6″ is likely.
The snow will move in during the morning hours across western Ohio. As it spreads in it will be generally light. Once the afternoon wears on moderate snow will likely develop. This trend will continue off and on during the evening. The snow will gradually quit from west to east during the overnight. Santa and the reindeer will have a very nice fresh coating of snow to land on as they deliver presents all across the Buckeye State.
Temperatures will be near 30 degrees during the day Sunday and fall through the 20s at night. Christmas Day = cold! Temperatures stay in the mid 20s. If you are traveling for the holidays then you need to check out some good tips and weather forecast information.
- 2020-2021 Snow Contractor Winter Forecast - November 7, 2020
- Winter Forecast 2021; Another Warm One? - November 4, 2020
- Canada, Welcome To The Leading Front In Weather! - August 31, 2020
- Big Warmup Begins, 70s-80s Widespread - May 13, 2020
- Expert Weather Forecasts: The City of Pittsburgh & Neoweather, LLC - April 20, 2020
- Neoweather Is Here For You During COVID-19 - March 16, 2020
- Major Lake Snow - February 28, 2020
- Will The Cold Stick Around? - January 17, 2020
- Major Weekend Widespread Storm - January 9, 2020
- Snow Contractors Need A Weather Service - November 25, 2019