An Alberta Clipper will move through the state Wednesday afternoon and evening and will bring some decent snowfall along with it. A good portion of Northern Ohio will see 3-5” of snow while Central Ohio looks to see 2-4” of snow. Parts of Southern Ohio will see 1-2” of snow while southeastern Ohio will stay under an inch.
Here’s a look at the latest Futurecast:
Our latest Ohio Snowfall Forecast:
Temperatures will be chilly in the 20s during the day for much of the state but as the low moves through during the early evening, a good portion of Central and Southern Ohio will see temperatures climb to or just above freezing for a short period of time before temperatures fall overnight. Thursday morning lows will be in the low 20s for much of the state, with lows in Northwestern Ohio in the low teens. A few locations could drop into the single digits. It will also be quite breezy during the day, with winds of 10-20 MPH that will start out of the south and southeast before veering to the north and northwest during the evening hours. This will create wind chills in the teens and single digits for many locations throughout the storm.
With gusty winds, blowing and drifting snow is possible. Blowing snow will limit visibility from time to time and the snow could be moderate to briefly heavy at times, especially at the onset in the early afternoon and again later in the afternoon as the main batch of snow moves through.
If you will be traveling on Wednesday, use caution and allow for extra travel time as the snow will cause roads to become snow covered and get slick. Untreated surfaces will quickly become snow covered.
Stay tuned to our Facebook page for updates!
- New for 2020 – Call Alerting System - August 27, 2020
- New for 2020 – Redesigned Forecast Products - August 27, 2020
- New for 2020 – Weather Portal - August 27, 2020
- Independence Day Lunar Eclipse? Not So Fast! - July 4, 2020
- NEW! Client Portal To Access Forecast, Radar, Pay Your Bill & More! - August 18, 2019
- Recurring Billing Option Now Available - August 16, 2019
- New Product Names & Improvements - August 16, 2019
- NEW NEO Total Snowfall Reports Powered by Weather Command! - August 13, 2019
- Welcome To Our Newly Redesigned Website! - June 17, 2019
- Icy concerns across Interstate 90 Wednesday morning - February 4, 2019