A clipper system will arrive Monday evening in Ohio. There will likely be a few waves of snow. The first will swing through later evening. The second will be closer to midnight with the last wave being the most impressive.That will move through overnight and into Tuesday morning. and drop generally 1-2″ across much of northern Ohio.
Cold northwest winds will then move across the relatively warm Great Lakes. You know what that means; lake effect snow bands will begin forming. We expect snow squalls to develop by late Tuesday morning and really get going in the afternoon. A few bands are possible with the majority of the snow falling in the snow belt. Cleveland, Medina, Aurora, Lorain and Warren could get hit with a couple of inches or more of lake effect before the event winds down Wednesday morning.
The main show will be in the primary snow belt of eastern Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake and Ashtabula County. A half-foot of snow is very possible in many of these locations with parts of Ashtabula and Geauga likely seeing closer to a foot in spots. Multiple snow bands are likely. It’s very possible Lake Michigan could allow for snow to fall in even western Ohio where a few inches could drop. You can see an intense band in the primary snow belt on the image above with a less potent one in Medina and Summit counties Tuesday evening.
The winds will start to shift Wednesday morning, which should push the snow back into the primary snow belt. Dry air will work in during the afternoon bringing the snow to an end by evening. Lake effect is always tricky to pinpoint several hours or days out, but we do believe several inches of snow will fall in parts of Northeast Ohio. In a week it will likely warm up and some of this snow will just be a memory.
- 2020-2021 Snow Contractor Winter Forecast - November 7, 2020
- Winter Forecast 2021; Another Warm One? - November 4, 2020
- Canada, Welcome To The Leading Front In Weather! - August 31, 2020
- Big Warmup Begins, 70s-80s Widespread - May 13, 2020
- Expert Weather Forecasts: The City of Pittsburgh & Neoweather, LLC - April 20, 2020
- Neoweather Is Here For You During COVID-19 - March 16, 2020
- Major Lake Snow - February 28, 2020
- Will The Cold Stick Around? - January 17, 2020
- Major Weekend Widespread Storm - January 9, 2020
- Snow Contractors Need A Weather Service - November 25, 2019