It’s been a busy day of severe weather as expected across a good portion of Ohio. The threat for tornadoes were certainly on the table. A tornado touched down in Celina in Mercer County and in the Sandusky area near Castalia and Bloomingville along the Sandusky and Erie border.
The Celina tornado did notable damage. Mercer County EMA said 8 people had non-life threatening injuries caused by the storms. Six of the injured folks were in a restaurant on Havemann Road and one injured person was at another business on the same road. Another injury came from a crash on OH-29 east of Celina from an accident when a power pole fell.
There are many damage reports. Overall the damage has been fairly widespread. Wires down and roof damage in the areas of East Market Street, Livingston Street and Grand Lake Road. There was also major damage to Crown Equipment Corportation.
You can see more detailed information from our friends at WHIO here.
The other tornado that touched down southwest of Sandusky destroyed a bedroom and did significant tree damage near SR-412 along the Erie and Sandusky County border. Power lines came down near Mason Road in Perkins Township. Stay tuned for more information on the storm damage today.
Continuing coverage is on our Facebook page.
- 2020-2021 Snow Contractor Winter Forecast - November 7, 2020
- Winter Forecast 2021; Another Warm One? - November 4, 2020
- Canada, Welcome To The Leading Front In Weather! - August 31, 2020
- Big Warmup Begins, 70s-80s Widespread - May 13, 2020
- Expert Weather Forecasts: The City of Pittsburgh & Neoweather, LLC - April 20, 2020
- Neoweather Is Here For You During COVID-19 - March 16, 2020
- Major Lake Snow - February 28, 2020
- Will The Cold Stick Around? - January 17, 2020
- Major Weekend Widespread Storm - January 9, 2020
- Snow Contractors Need A Weather Service - November 25, 2019