Much cooler air began to take hold across the Great Lakes region Tuesday, with some lake-effect showers remaining across Northeast Ohio while others got some fall sunshine. It is definitely feeling like a traditional October day out there!
It is going to get pretty chilly overnight Tuesday with some scattered showers across the region, with lows dipping into the low- to mid-40s. It looks like the waves of cooler air will remain in place, too, for the next week. Wednesday afternoon will present the the coolest day of the week, and overnight lows will bring the coolest night temperatures for the week, as well.
This same batch of cooler air that is filtering down from Canada is responsible for some snow chances in the upper Midwest, too. You can read more about that from Meteorologist Brian Ivey’s article about Midwest snow chances here.
The next system that will impact the area will arrive Saturday late-morning and afternoon. It will bring mostly rain to the Ohio area, but a few sleet pellets cannot be ruled out, as cooler air continues to be reinforced in the area. Lake-effect flow into Sunday and Monday cannot be ruled out as cooler air continues to come down from Canada over the Great Lakes.
Looking ahead, the waves of cooler air looks to keep up, as the jet stream continues to dip far enough south to include the Great Lakes region. It will certainly feel fall-like as many communities host Trick-or-Treat this weekend. Some folks, especially in Ohio, could see some rain showers for Saturday evening festivities.
Have a great week!
- New for 2020 – Call Alerting System - August 27, 2020
- New for 2020 – Redesigned Forecast Products - August 27, 2020
- New for 2020 – Weather Portal - August 27, 2020
- Independence Day Lunar Eclipse? Not So Fast! - July 4, 2020
- NEW! Client Portal To Access Forecast, Radar, Pay Your Bill & More! - August 18, 2019
- Recurring Billing Option Now Available - August 16, 2019
- New Product Names & Improvements - August 16, 2019
- NEW NEO Total Snowfall Reports Powered by Weather Command! - August 13, 2019
- Welcome To Our Newly Redesigned Website! - June 17, 2019
- Icy concerns across Interstate 90 Wednesday morning - February 4, 2019