The big news lately has been on Texas and Florida as clean-up from major hurricanes – Harvey and Irma, respectively – so we are going to focus some attention on good ole’ Ohio! Though we cannot focus on Ohio without mention of Hurricane Irma, as the remnants of her will be here through mid-week.
It will be another nice day across Ohio. What a beautiful weekend we just had – with the sunshine, cooler temperatures, and quite a fall-like feel. There will be more cloud cover Tuesday across the area due to Hurricane Irma making her trek up the Tennessee Valley. It will be a partly cloudy day, with more of an overcast sky as the day progresses. Temperatures will reach the mid-70s, though.
The central low will move through Alabama today, sending the rain shield further north. It will be in western Tennessee by the evening, and the rain will cover a large area extending through the southeast, the Tennessee Valley, the Carolina’s, and up into Ohio by the overnight.
Wednesday – Thursday
The rains from Irma will make its way in overnight Tuesday and be scattered across the area, especially in the morning. It will be a little drier during the afternoon before the next round will arrive by Thursday.
Overnight Wednesday into Thursday will see round two arrive, and it will stick around until the afternoon Thursday. More steady rain will be around for that. Temperatures will be a bit cooler Wednesday, but will be recover a few degrees Thursday. It will be mid-70s for Northeast Ohio, but barely into the 60s for southwest Ohio near Cincinnati. Thursday will be near the 80-degree mark.
Jose is expected to continue weakening Tuesday and come out of Hurricane status. As of right now, it looks like it will not impact the U.S. mainlands. You can continue to monitor Jose and all the other great hurricane features at the National Hurricane Center’s website.
Visit the American Red Cross’s website to see how you can help in Hurricane Relief in Texas and Florida. Several other charity websites have been set-up to assist, too.
- New for 2020 – Call Alerting System - August 27, 2020
- New for 2020 – Redesigned Forecast Products - August 27, 2020
- New for 2020 – Weather Portal - August 27, 2020
- Independence Day Lunar Eclipse? Not So Fast! - July 4, 2020
- NEW! Client Portal To Access Forecast, Radar, Pay Your Bill & More! - August 18, 2019
- Recurring Billing Option Now Available - August 16, 2019
- New Product Names & Improvements - August 16, 2019
- NEW NEO Total Snowfall Reports Powered by Weather Command! - August 13, 2019
- Welcome To Our Newly Redesigned Website! - June 17, 2019
- Icy concerns across Interstate 90 Wednesday morning - February 4, 2019