Radar and Satellite view this afternoon in the Southeast US showing showers and thunderstorms this afternoon across the region. This particular pattern will become the main weather feature for this week. Multiple rounds of showers and thunderstorms are forecast. That could result in flooding concerns for multiple locations in the southeast.
The Weather Prediction Center has also indicated a risk for flash flooding across the Southeast into tonight due to the slow moving boundary and copious amounts of moisture coming in from the Gulf of Mexico.
Given a favorable setup for heavy rainfall all this week, the GFS, Canadian, and the WPC models have indicated rainfall amounts on average from three to six inches during the period. As always, there could easily be higher amounts in isolated locations. With flooding becoming more of a risk as this week moves along, remember this. Turn around. Don’t Drown.
Jim Martin – Forecaster
- 2020-2021 Snow Contractor Winter Forecast - October 11, 2020
- Canada, Welcome To The Leading Front In Weather! - August 31, 2020
- Big Warmup Begins, 70s-80s Widespread - May 13, 2020
- Expert Weather Forecasts: The City of Pittsburgh & Neoweather, LLC - April 20, 2020
- Neoweather Is Here For You During COVID-19 - March 16, 2020
- Major Lake Snow - February 28, 2020
- Will The Cold Stick Around? - January 17, 2020
- Major Weekend Widespread Storm - January 9, 2020
- Snow Contractors Need A Weather Service - November 25, 2019
- 2019-2020 Prelim Winter Forecast - September 9, 2019