Cold Front Moves Through Today, Bringing Cooler Temperatures
A cold front will move through the midwest today, bringing with it rain and thunderstorms. This cold front will bring cooler summer temperatures for several days before warmer conditions returns. High temperatures aren’t expected to reach into the 80’s again until the middle of next week. Rain and storms are likely with this cold front, with the chance of precipitation for Columbus, OH being 90%. Also following the cold front will be lower humidity, so conditions will feel very pleasant.
A Chance for Severe Weather
The Storm Prediction Center has released an outlook showing the potential for severe weather today (8/4/2017.) Th y have placed a large majority of Ohio under a risk for severe weather, with the entire Eastern half of the state being under a slight risk (threat level 2/5.) Heavy winds and hail are the most likely threats for the severe weather in Ohio, but the chances of an isolated tornado are possible. Use caution and avoid being outdoors in these severe weather events.
Update: A tornado warning was issued near the Mansfield, OH area but has since been lifted. Be prepared as storms and severe weather will continue to impact the state until late afternoon/early evening.
A link to the Storm Prediction Center is provided below if you’d like to seek out more information.:
The Weekend and Work Week
This weekend will see a few bouts of rain and storms, primarily on Friday the 4th and Sunday the 6th of August. But just in case of rain, make sure to prepare accordingly and have an umbrella/coat. After the active weekend, conditions will be dry, warm but not hot, and quite pleasant. If you have some time to enjoy the outdoors this work week, make sure to take advantage of it!
- Big Warmup Begins, 70s-80s Widespread - May 13, 2020
- Expert Weather Forecasts: The City of Pittsburgh & Neoweather, LLC - April 20, 2020
- Neoweather Is Here For You During COVID-19 - March 16, 2020
- Major Lake Snow - February 28, 2020
- Will The Cold Stick Around? - January 17, 2020
- Major Weekend Widespread Storm - January 9, 2020
- Snow Contractors Need A Weather Service - November 25, 2019
- 2019-2020 Prelim Winter Forecast - September 9, 2019
- Brisk, Polar, Cold, Frosty, Freezing, Icy, Subzero, Bitter, Glacial, Siberian Winter Hype - August 28, 2019
- The Neoweather Difference - June 27, 2019