Summer may be right around the corner, but this week certainly did not feel like it across the state of Ohio. Temperatures were below average for a majority of the week, but a strong warming trend will take its place beginning this weekend. This article will step you through the current setup, and how those changes will effect your weekend weather.
As of Friday morning, a decayed upper level low will make its exit from the midwest, heading northeast. At the surface, a weak surface low has developed across the Great Lakes, heading southeast toward the state. Behind the exiting upper level low is a shortwave trough, which will pick up the surface low. The low will track across northern Ohio and strengthen, bringing increasing cloud cover during the day Friday and widespread showers and thunderstorm. On the other hand, southern Ohio will still see increasing clouds, but showers will be more scattered due to the location and track of the low.
Once the low passes, leftover showers exit before noon, and high pressure from the south begins to take control. A strong upper level ridge will help to funnel warm air form the Gulf into the midwest. The feeling of warm summer days return by Saturday afternoon, followed by clearing skies. Also, temperatures across the state will reach over 80 degrees, and dew points will slowly increase as well. Heading into Saturday night, clearing skies will allow temperatures to drop into the mid to low sixties.
By Sunday, the upper level ridge has planted itself across the eastern United States. The ridge will pull even more heat and moisture northward. With mostly clear skies creating a sunny day across the state, temperatures will jump to just under 90 degrees! Quite the temperature swing, that will stay in place beginning next week.
- The Neoweather Difference - June 27, 2019
- Neoweather At 22nd SIMA Symposium - June 24, 2019
- Weather Apps Are Hurting You - June 21, 2019
- VIDEO: A look Through April - March 21, 2019
- Powerful Weekend System: Wind, Snow, Severe Storms - February 21, 2019
- Time To Purchase A Weather Service - November 16, 2018
- Neoweather Ends First Warn Series - November 5, 2018
- 2018-2019 Winter Forecast - November 3, 2018
- Lake Effect Snow Possible Around Great Lakes - October 16, 2018
- WATCH: Hurricane Michael Heads Towards Florida - October 9, 2018