At least 25 people were hurt when a tornado hit a mobile home park in northwestern Wisconsin Tuesday night.
The tornado damaged the Prairie Lakes Estates trailer park on State Highway 53 between Chetek and Cameron. The National Weather Service reported a touchdown in the area just after 5:30 p.m.
Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald reported at least 20 people were injured.
Sheriff’s dispatchers say they’re too busy to provide details.
Chetek Mayor Jeff Martin told a Minneapolis TV station that numerous emergency vehicles have gone to the trailer park. He estimates the park had around 50 homes. Martin also says several turkey barns in the area were hit hard.
A trained weather spotter told the National Weather Service that trailer homes were hit and walls were on top of people.
Several tornado warnings were issued as severe thunderstorms moved east across northern Wisconsin.
© 2017 Associated Press
- Pattern Change For Second Half Of Winter - January 27, 2021
- Polar Vortex Impacts To Cause Cold & Snow Soon - January 8, 2021
- Major Christmas Eve Snow Storm - December 22, 2020
- 2020-2021 Snow Contractor Winter Forecast - November 7, 2020
- Winter Forecast 2021; Another Warm One? - November 4, 2020
- Canada, Welcome To The Leading Front In Weather! - August 31, 2020
- Big Warmup Begins, 70s-80s Widespread - May 13, 2020
- Expert Weather Forecasts: The City of Pittsburgh & Neoweather, LLC - April 20, 2020
- Neoweather Is Here For You During COVID-19 - March 16, 2020
- Major Lake Snow - February 28, 2020