Below average temperature and windy conditions could cause extra challenges for golfers as the 2017 Masters Tournament begins on April 6th in Augusta, GA . Much colder air has worked its way in from the northwest in the wake of a cold front. This is the same front that crossed the Southeastern US triggering widespread severe weather, including damaging winds, large hail, and even tornadoes. The northwest winds that are ushering in the colder temperatures could be gusty into the evening hours of April 6th. For that reason, the National Weather Service has issued a wind advisory for nearly all of Georgia and surrounding states.
...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT EDT TONIGHT... * WINDS...West 20 to 30 mph with gusts near 40 mph.
Temperatures are expected to rise from the mid-60’s up to near average in the low-70’s by April 8th. Winds will subside significantly by that time as well. On the last day of the tournament, temperatures could even make a run at 80 degrees. The bright side for the entire period is that sunny conditions will be present thanks to a nearby high pressure system.
- NEW! Client Portal To Access Forecast, Radar, Pay Your Bill & More! - August 18, 2019
- Recurring Billing Option Now Available - August 16, 2019
- New Product Names & Improvements - August 16, 2019
- NEW NEO Total Snowfall Reports Powered by Weather Command! - August 13, 2019
- Welcome To Our Newly Redesigned Website! - June 17, 2019
- Icy concerns across Interstate 90 Wednesday morning - February 4, 2019
- Hurricanes vs Cyclones & How They Form - October 11, 2018
- Risk for Strong to Severe Storms Tuesday - April 2, 2018
- Rain Changes to Freezing Rain Today; More Rain Expected - February 21, 2018
- Here Comes More Snow! - February 6, 2018