The threat for severe weather takes aim over a large portion of the country
this morning and afternoon.
The highest threat for severe weather today will be across the southeast.
These areas will have storms beginning this
morning. The big question is, will these
storms destabilize the atmosphere enough to
keep storms at bay this afternoon? A second
line will come through the area during the
evening hours. The main threat with these storms today will be large hail and
damaging winds. The threat for tornadoes is a real concern for these areas
This is the outlined area and chances for a
tornado by the Storm Prediction Center.
Make sure you are paying attention to the
skies today if you are in these areas.
The next area we will look at is the Ohio and Tennessee Valley. Morning
Satellite shows there should be some sun this morning, which will allow
for some heating and destabilization
this afternoon. The storms will start to
fire up ahead of the front pushing through
the area this afternoon.
Large hail and high winds will be the main threat in these areas, with isolated
Overview of today: A major severe weather
outbreak will be possible today into tonight.
Make sure you are paying attention to local
news outlets, the NOAA, and NeoWeather US.
Large hail and damaging straight line winds will be the main threats today.
A few long-lived and violent tornadoes cannot be ruled out today as
as the atmosphere will be conducive for a few tornadoes.
- New for 2020 – Call Alerting System - August 27, 2020
- New for 2020 – Redesigned Forecast Products - August 27, 2020
- New for 2020 – Weather Portal - August 27, 2020
- Independence Day Lunar Eclipse? Not So Fast! - July 4, 2020
- NEW! Client Portal To Access Forecast, Radar, Pay Your Bill & More! - August 18, 2019
- Recurring Billing Option Now Available - August 16, 2019
- New Product Names & Improvements - August 16, 2019
- NEW NEO Total Snowfall Reports Powered by Weather Command! - August 13, 2019
- Welcome To Our Newly Redesigned Website! - June 17, 2019
- Icy concerns across Interstate 90 Wednesday morning - February 4, 2019