It seems that each week I get to write to you, we have been talking about how nice and warm it is – this week will be no exception! We once again have an abundance of warmth to talk about as we head into the first day of March Wednesday. We will return to cooler weather after that, though.
March in like a Lion
March will roll in like a lion, as severe weather will threaten parts of the East coast as the cooler air marches down from the north. The Storm Prediction Center has much the eastern areas under slight to enhanced risks of severe weather. Let us take a comparative look at the storm risk map and the temperature maps:
These two maps – severe weather risk (left) and temperatures (down-right) – both have pretty good similarities. We can see that where the warmest temperatures are along the east coast are where the strongest weather is possible, so definitely keep updated on that if you live in these areas. Behind this strong storm system that will move through, will bring the shades of green and blue into the east coast.
As will be demonstrated later in this post, things will level out across the country. Looking toward this weekend, deeper arctic air will be in place across the east coast and Great Lakes region.
Now that we took a look at the temperature schema, one must be wondering what these aforementioned storms will look like, and who will really get the action going. Rain is going to be pretty widespread Wednesday with the warmer air before the cooler air arrives with some snow showers:
At left, we see the more balanced look at temperatures; at right(down) we see the storm system Wednesday. Either way we look at it, we have definitely been lucky this winter!
Looking forward, I think this pattern of ups-and-downs will continue into March. It may be a wet March, too, if we get into an active pattern.
For those beginning Lent in Western Christianity on March 1, perhaps the new month can be a renewing experience for you as we look to signs of spring arriving forevermore.
Blessings upon each of you.
- New for 2020 – Call Alerting System - August 27, 2020
- New for 2020 – Redesigned Forecast Products - August 27, 2020
- New for 2020 – Weather Portal - August 27, 2020
- Independence Day Lunar Eclipse? Not So Fast! - July 4, 2020
- NEW! Client Portal To Access Forecast, Radar, Pay Your Bill & More! - August 18, 2019
- Recurring Billing Option Now Available - August 16, 2019
- New Product Names & Improvements - August 16, 2019
- NEW NEO Total Snowfall Reports Powered by Weather Command! - August 13, 2019
- Welcome To Our Newly Redesigned Website! - June 17, 2019
- Icy concerns across Interstate 90 Wednesday morning - February 4, 2019