February tends to feature snow and cold for much of the northeast and midwest, but that will be far from the story for this weekend. The February warmth comes during a winter season that may be viewed by many as an easy winter or a winter that barely showed up.
The northeast and upper midwest will remain cool, but not cold on Friday as the warmer air will just start to begin building its way north. As far as precipitation goes on Friday, much of the country will be dry with the exception of some rain and snow through parts of west coast.
A look at temperatures across the United States on Friday:
The warmth will really start to build in on Saturday with 50s and 60s spreading into the Ohio valley. The northeast will still remain cool until Sunday when the real heart of the warmth looks to build in. High pressure is expected to dominate much of the United States except for the ongoing rain and snow along the west coast.
Most of the United States will remain precipitation free this weekend:
Quiet weather will continue into early Monday before a low pressure system tracks across the upper midwest and then into Canada. With warm air in place, this will provide for rain showers in the upper midwest.
Showers are likely across the upper midwest during the day Monday.
The warmth won’t be short lived like most warm ups during the winter months. The warmth is expected to hang around for all of next week as it appears right now. A strong cold front looks to cross the country by the last weekend in February bringing winter-like temperatures back.
A strong cold front will likely move across the county on Feb. 25.
- New for 2020 – Call Alerting System - August 27, 2020
- New for 2020 – Redesigned Forecast Products - August 27, 2020
- New for 2020 – Weather Portal - August 27, 2020
- Independence Day Lunar Eclipse? Not So Fast! - July 4, 2020
- NEW! Client Portal To Access Forecast, Radar, Pay Your Bill & More! - August 18, 2019
- Recurring Billing Option Now Available - August 16, 2019
- New Product Names & Improvements - August 16, 2019
- NEW NEO Total Snowfall Reports Powered by Weather Command! - August 13, 2019
- Welcome To Our Newly Redesigned Website! - June 17, 2019
- Icy concerns across Interstate 90 Wednesday morning - February 4, 2019