The active weather pattern continues to start this week. This is especially true in the Pacific Northwest. These areas that have seen plenty of rain and snow in recent weeks are in for another round of heavy rain and heavy snow the remainder of this workweek.
The Quantitative Precipitation Forecast off the 12z GFS for the next five days showing potential for copious amounts of precipitation in the Pacific Northwest, along with the Northern Sierra Nevada mountains. With this type of pattern currently, it is building up the water supply for the region once the dry season commences later this year.
Up in the mountains in the Pacific Northwest and Sierra Nevada, plenty of snowfall is forecast for the next five days. Some locations could receive in excess of two to four feet of snow. With this type of weather pattern continuing, it will continue to relieve the drought affected areas of the Pacific Northwest and Northern California. From the National Weather Service in Sacramento, California…
WESTERN PLUMAS COUNTY/LASSEN PARK-
WEST SLOPE NORTHERN SIERRA NEVADA-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF CHESTER, QUINCY, AND BLUE CANYON
1155 AM PST MON FEB 6 2017
…WINTER STORM WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM PST TUESDAY…
* MAIN IMPACTS: SLIPPERY, SNOW COVERED ROADS DUE TO HEAVY SNOW
WITH LIMITED VISIBILITIES DUE TO GUSTY WIND AND BLOWING SNOW.
CHAIN CONTROLS AND TRAVEL DELAYS LIKELY.
* TIMING…PERIODS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOW THROUGH TUESDAY.
HEAVIEST SNOW EXPECTED TONIGHT INTO TUESDAY.
* LOCATIONS…INTERSTATE 80 OVER DONNER PASS, HIGHWAY 50 OVER
ECHO SUMMIT, HIGHWAY 88 OVER CARSON PASS AND LASSEN VOLCANIC
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS…1 TO 2 FEET ABOVE 6000 FEET THROUGH MONDAY
EVENING. THEN AN ADDITIONAL 1 TO 2 FEET LIMITED TO ABOVE 8000
FEET TUESDAY AS SNOW LEVELS INCREASE.
* OTHER IMPACTS…SOUTH TO SOUTHWEST WIND 20 TO 40 MPH…LOCALLY
HIGHER…WITH GUSTS 60 TO 80 MPH OR GREATER NEAR THE SIERRA
- Pattern Change For Second Half Of Winter - January 27, 2021
- Polar Vortex Impacts To Cause Cold & Snow Soon - January 8, 2021
- Major Christmas Eve Snow Storm - December 22, 2020
- 2020-2021 Snow Contractor Winter Forecast - November 7, 2020
- Winter Forecast 2021; Another Warm One? - November 4, 2020
- Canada, Welcome To The Leading Front In Weather! - August 31, 2020
- Big Warmup Begins, 70s-80s Widespread - May 13, 2020
- Expert Weather Forecasts: The City of Pittsburgh & Neoweather, LLC - April 20, 2020
- Neoweather Is Here For You During COVID-19 - March 16, 2020
- Major Lake Snow - February 28, 2020