An Alberta Clipper system will shift toward the Great Lakes State throughout the course of the evening on Monday. These clipper-type systems tend to feature limited moisture due to their origin in western Canada. Monday night’s clipper system will feature a little more in the way of moisture as it moves through the region.
Snow will overspread western portions of Lower Michigan between 8 and 10 PM Monday night with areas further east, including Metro Detroit, beginning to see snowfall around midnight. Light snowfall to start, will increase in intensity throughout the overnight. Moderate to heavy snowfall will occur, at times. The heaviest snowfall will likely significantly impact the Tuesday morning commute. The window for the heaviest snowfall appears to be 5 to 9 AM on Tuesday morning. School closures or delays appear possible due to the timing of this system.
Snowfall accumulations appear to be in the nuisance range as this system moves swiftly across the state. A general 2-4″ of snowfall is expected from this system along and south of US-10 to the Michigan/Indiana/Ohio state line. However, a band of locally higher amounts seems very possible. This band is likely to set up over the southern half of Lower Michigan. Exact placement is to be determined.
Snowfall will wind down Tuesday afternoon as the system exits off to the east. Additional light accumulations from lake effect snow is possible behind this system.
- How Did We Do? Our Forecast versus Reported Snowfall - December 2, 2020
- New for 2020 – Call Alerting System - August 27, 2020
- New for 2020 – Redesigned Forecast Products - August 27, 2020
- New for 2020 – Weather Portal - August 27, 2020
- Independence Day Lunar Eclipse? Not So Fast! - July 4, 2020
- NEW! Client Portal To Access Forecast, Radar, Pay Your Bill & More! - August 18, 2019
- Recurring Billing Option Now Available - August 16, 2019
- New Product Names & Improvements - August 16, 2019
- NEW NEO Total Snowfall Reports Powered by Weather Command! - August 13, 2019
- Welcome To Our Newly Redesigned Website! - June 17, 2019