A strong low pressure system has brought a tremendous temperature gradient across much of the United States on Saturday. Temperatures varied upwards of 30 degrees within just a 100 miles due to a very potent cold front. Places in the lower Ohio and Tennessee Valley’s saw tornado watches and severe storms, while winter weather advisories were just to the north. All of these changeable weather is now pushing eastward. A major temperature drop is expected for the Northeast including the I-95 corridor.
Mild air ahead of this system is the culprit for all of the rain precipitation along the coast and throughout much of the interior Northeast today. The cold is coming! Temperatures near the coast are in the 50s and 60s with 20s and 30s just to the west. After the cold front moves through temperatures will quickly drop 20 degrees within a few hours. A flash freeze will occur as temperatures drop below freezing. This will ice up any untreated surfaces that have water remaining on them. Be careful walking and driving.
- Meteorologist Brian Ivey
- 2020-2021 Snow Contractor Winter Forecast - October 11, 2020
- Canada, Welcome To The Leading Front In Weather! - August 31, 2020
- Big Warmup Begins, 70s-80s Widespread - May 13, 2020
- Expert Weather Forecasts: The City of Pittsburgh & Neoweather, LLC - April 20, 2020
- Neoweather Is Here For You During COVID-19 - March 16, 2020
- Major Lake Snow - February 28, 2020
- Will The Cold Stick Around? - January 17, 2020
- Major Weekend Widespread Storm - January 9, 2020
- Snow Contractors Need A Weather Service - November 25, 2019
- 2019-2020 Prelim Winter Forecast - September 9, 2019